In Part One, we look at the growth of universal suffrage in Taiwan, in an interview with former presidential candidate Tsai Ing-wen.
In Part Two, with us in the studio to discuss Hong Kong’s own attempts to bolster the democratic process and universal suffrage here are Joseph Cheng, Chairman of the Alliance for True Democracy, Benny Tai of Occupy Central with Love and Peace, and Christopher Lau of People Power.
- Miss Hong Kong 2013 urges democracy. Cut out of tv news. (humanrightchild.wordpress.com)
- Anti-Occupy Central Speaker: Those who Disobeyed Should be Tied Up like Monkeys (therealnewshk.wordpress.com)
- HONG KONG – CHINA – “Church united in demanding universal suffrage in Hong Kong, “useless to look for internal divisions” (asianews.it)
- Chater Garden Hunger Strike ongoing by new friends from Hong Kong. Please visit them. (humanrightchild.wordpress.com)
- HONG KONG – Hong Kong’s church warns universal suffrage or civil disobedience will follow (asianews.it)
- Catholic cardinal warns of possible violence in Hong Kong over democracy protest8/27/2013 2:51:07 PM (dnaindia.com)
- Hong Kong’s youth are responsible to damage rule of law? China official states. (humanrightchild.wordpress.com)
- Hong Kong education by definition. (humanrightchild.wordpress.com)