A press conference outside of the HK Education Bureau, 15/F, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen’s Road East, Wan Chai tomorrow Thursday, August 7th at 2pm. Hon. Leung Kwok-hung Long Hair will be there along with others. The purpose is to protest against mandatory school attendance during holidays (Law Ting Pong Secondary School) for students and horrible educational practices for students/schools in HK.
Background: The school Law Ting Pong Secondary School has NOT recanted their mandatory attendance during vacation policy. The Education Bureau apparently supports the policy according to recent media report in the SCMP. It is mandatory attendance decided by each school and a Parent must request permission for their child to not attend and give written explanations.
It is a violation of a human right for a parent to not be responsible for their own children and the Education Bureau is the authority.
- Hong Kong Education Issues (fantasticjack117.wordpress.com)
- Law Ting Pong Secondary School mandatory summer course. Objections and protections for the children! (humanrightchild.wordpress.com)
- One parent speaks out. (humanrightchild.wordpress.com)
- National Education (humanrightchild.wordpress.com)
- HK students under enormous pressure – SCMP (humanrightchild.wordpress.com)